Food Solutions New England (FSNE) seeks to grow, strengthen, and diversify its network leadership across the region. We are seeking regional thinkers and doers to participate in the second FSNE Network Leadership Institute. We are inviting applications from individuals who are active in food system efforts locally and/or regionally, who are committed to FSNE’s values, and who are eager to contribute to the FSNE network in this way.
Deadline for applications is June 1, 2017.
The Institute provides an exciting opportunity for participants to gain:
- Greater understanding of how to use the FSNE network to get your own work done
- Skills in facilitative leadership, network leadership and development, and stakeholder engagement
- Shared understanding of the emerging food system and FSNE’s strategy for advancing the New England Food Vision
- Connectivity with a cohort of leaders and broader FSNE network
Eligibility for participation
Participants must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Reside and/or work in one of the New England states
- Be actively engaged in food system work in New England
- Have a demonstrated understanding of and commitment to FSNE’s values
- Be available to attend each Institute session and complete work between sessions
- Session 1, September 26-28, 2017
- Session 2, November 1-3, 2017
- Session 3, January 10-12, 2018
Session locations to be announced.
What is required of participants?
Participants must demonstrate willingness and desire to fully engage in the work of the Institute. In particular, participants should be prepared to grapple with questions of race, equity, and justice in the food system. Individuals must be available to attend each Institute session and complete work between sessions.
What expenses are involved?
There is no cost to attend the FSNE Network Leadership Institute, but admission is competitive and participants are required to attend all sessions. Shared overnight accommodations and all meals during the Institute will be covered. Participants are responsible for covering their own transportation and miscellaneous expenses; limited scholarships will be available to cover travel expenses based on need.
What is the application process and timeline?
Applications must be submitted through the online form. In addition to the application, you must upload a current CV or resume and a list of 3 references.
June 1: application deadline.
June 2-July 14: application review and selection. Applicants may be contacted for an interview during this time.
July 14: applicants will be notified by this date.
July 31: selected applicants must confirm their participation.